OpenClose Advanced Options / Search By Date
✔ 2 Anglers ✔ 2 Non anglers ✔ Exclusive use of the lake ✔ 2 Dover/Calais car crossings
This venue will impress anyone looking for carp fishing in France with accommodation - the large stone house and its extensive covered terrace overlook a sweeping lawned garden which leads to an idyllic little lake. Previously a private family home for many years, this place really is something special.
The lake is small compared to most at 1.7 acres, but can accommodate up to 3 anglers at any one time, with a variety of swims and a decked area at one end.
The ideal venue for a family get-together or groups of friends, the house can accommodate up to 12 people in the 6 bedrooms. However, for 2017, the price depends on how many people are in your group, meaning that the venue proves affordable even for just two people! Get a quote here and check it out for yourself.
Located just to the east of Mayenne, the lake is an easy 1hr50 drive from the nearest port of Caen, 2hr30 from Le Harve and 4hr30 from Calais.
Before 2016, Tylan's Lake had never been fished in earnest or kept as a specimen carp water. However, in December the lake was further stocked with some very decent carp between 18lb to just under 40lb. There is no track record yet for this lake and and we're excited to see what 2017 brings!
Owners Ty and Michelle have owned Tylan's Lake since 2003. French neighbours tell us that the lake has been there ever since they were kids and they are now in their seventies.
The lake was drained down in 2005 to do some extensive work in terms of de-silting, tree extraction plus enlarging the lake to its current size of just under two acres. Depths range from around 1m to 3.5m.
Long in shape and with castable far banks the lake should prove fairly straight-forward to fish, though bait boats would be an advantage if you wish to get tight to the bank under overhanging trees. It offers a choice of six natural swims and will comfortably accommodate two anglers at a time - allowing you lots of choice and the option of baiting up different areas or stalking, etc.
There is a sunken tree on a small island, central to one end of the lake, providing a snaggy feature to fish to, but keep your lines tight!
For those interested in our feathered friends you will see and hear an enormous variety of birds in and around the garden and lake area. Some of which include - kingfisher, woodpeckers, buzzards, hoopoes, owls, plus many more.
Tylan's Lake holds approximately 60 carp, with many over 20lb and a fair few 30lb+ carp reaching just under 40lb.
Back when the owners acquired the property in 2003, the lake was home to carp into low/mid doubles. The owners carried out extensive work on the lake and moved the original stock temporarily into a neighbour's small pond for safe keeping and removed the smaller silver fish. The lake was refilled again in 2008 once work was complete and the original fish were returned to the lake.
In November 2016 the lake was netted again to remove silver fish and small carp. The smaller carp were again transferred to a friend's pond locally to grow on as future stock fish. The bigger original stock fish were released back into the lake. In December 2016 the owners then stocked 42 carp ranging from around 17lb up to just under 40lb with the majority over 20lb and a fair few 30lb+.
Downstairs you'll find a large kitchen diner with range cooker, dishwasher and fridge/freezer. This leads through to a double height hallway with pool table and then onto the large living room. This is complete with log burner, comfy settees & full-length windows overlooking the garden and lake.
The upstairs has six bedrooms in total, sleeping a maximum of twelve people (thirteen including the day bed in the master bedroom).
The impressive master bedroom has an en-suite and large patio doors opening onto a balcony complete with table and chairs. Again this has stunning views over the garden and lake. There is also a day bed in this room that would be suitable for a child if necessary.
The other five bedrooms consist of three more double bedrooms (one kingsize, two double) and two twin bedrooms. A fold-up travel cot can also be provided on request.
Satellite/UK TV, wifi, pool table, toys/games, outdoor games, etc are available to keep the non-anglers occupied. We even have a bouncy castle available to hire for a small daily/weekly charge which is great for keeping the younger ones occupied whilst mum enjoys a cuppa or a glass of wine on the terrace.
There is a separate fridge/freezer for your bait in the utility room.
Tylan's Lake is situated equidistant between the market towns of Evron and Mayenne, in a quiet hamlet. The nearest shop for bread, milk and basics is 1 mile away.
Closest village with all amenities including small supermarket, pharmacy, bar, doctors, bakers, etc is around 7/8min drive. Mayenne and Evron are much bigger towns with more facilities, each of which are around 15/20minutes drive away.
Nature lovers can enjoy stunning scenery in the local area. There are many designated walking tracks close by that take in some of the local scenery & historic sites.
Things To Do
Leisure Lakes With Beaches
These are huge lakes with beach/swimming zones, and lots of activities for kids and families alike to enjoy for a spell away from the rods and fishing;
- GUE DE SELLE Literally 10 mins drive away. Stunning lake, with hotel/restaurant on site (our neighbour/caretaker is a pastry chef here, and the food is outstanding). He is also handy for a free taxi home should you fancy an extra glass of wine!
Walking/running track, boating, pédalos, kids play area and picnic site are just some of the amenities on offer here.
- SILLE PLAGE (Sille le Guillaume) 25 mins drive out towards Le Mans. Very picturesque lake in the forest with a beautiful beach area for paddling and swimming. Several cafes/restaurants on site. Pony rides, crazy golf, boat rides, pédalos, bike hire and a train that runs around the perimeter of the lake.
- BAIS Small outdoor pool situated in a campsite area. Cheap entry and not normally too busy in the mornings. Just over 5 mins drive away.
- EVRON - JARDIN AQUATIQUE Big complex, with indoor/outdoor pools, slides, play areas and picnic sites. Very popular. 20mins drive away.
Other Places To Check Out
- ZOO - REFUGE DE L'ARCHE This zoo is in Saint-Fort, a small town just next to Château-Gontier. Plenty of animals to see, cafe and picnic areas.
- CHATEAU GONTIER 45 mins drive. A lovely town to spend a day or half a day with the family. Beautiful setting and the town itself sits on the banks of the river Mayenne.
- LAVAL and LE MANS Both around 45mins drive away and are riverside towns rich in history. Both towns provide plenty to see and do for a family looking for a leisurely day out.
There are many very good local restaurants;
- CELLA - Jublains, local traditional restaurant around 5kms away. Lunchtime 4 course special with coffee for €13.
- GUE DE SELLE - Mezangers. Top quality food at reasonable prices with excellent service to match.
- MAYENNE TOWN - 20mins drive.
Chinese buffet, excellent value and quality.
Beau Rivage, on the banks of the river mayenne in a beautiful setting. Good food, reasonably priced.
Many other traditional restaurants plus McDonald's and fast food available here also.
- EVRON - 20mins drive. Good selection of traditional restaurants here.
- DINARD/St Malo Stunning area which is ideal for a day out. Around 2hrs drive away but well worth a visit.
- LE MONT ST MICHEL Historical/famous site on Normandy coastline around 2hours drive away.
Click here to view 12 Points of Interest.
We offer fresh boilies for sale in conjuction with FH baits. These will be in 14mm format & frozen vacuum packed for maximum freshness and quality.
Four flavours available;
- CRANBERRY CAVIAR
- MONSTER HALIBUT
- COCONUT (The cell flavour)
€10 per kilo
Please give us around 3/4 weeks notice with your requirements to avoid any disappointment. Payable locally in euros on arrival to caretaker please.
If you have any questions regarding bait, or wish to place an order, please contact the owner direct. Their email address & phone number can be found on the 'Info Pack'in your Customer Area once your holiday is booked.
Please note; Bait orders are made directly between you and the lake owner. We (Angling Lines) cannot be held responsible for any problems that may subsequently arise. If you order bait to be waiting for you when you arrive we strongly recommend you telephone or Email the owner a few days before your arrival to make sure it will be there for you. In 99% of cases this will just be purely precautionary, but bait is such an important part of your holiday that it’s only sensible to take every step to avoid problems.
|Return Visit Discount Available|
|10% offthe venue.|
Visit this lake 2 (or more) times in the same calendar year & get a 10% discount on the return visits!
We have lots of customers who make more than one trip with us and we want to reward that loyalty. Certain venues have agreed to participate in a discount scheme for return trips. This lake is one of those taking part… so book a return trip and get your 10% discount!
- Applies to fishing only & excludes accommodation (if normally booked separately), food, bait etc.
- Members of a group booking who have not visited twice will not be eligible for the discount
- This offer is only valid for return trips taken in the same calendar year and cannot be taken in conjunction with any other offer or special discount applied to this lake
Want a price for this venue based on your particular requirements?Click here to check availability and get a price now.