We have a fantastic group of lakes on our website, which are a credit to our brilliant owners and all their hard work. Today we are introducing Paul, who runs Bletiere, an exclusive French carp lake with accommodation.
Bletiere is a beautiful little venue in the heart of the French countryside where you can have a well stocked carp lake all to yourself (with carp to high forties) and also stay in a high quality gite on the banks of the lake. This venue offers something for everyone, therefore is perfect for those looking to take family or non-angling partners too!
1. When did you discover carp fishing and how did you come to be here at the lake?
I first fished for Carp in 1978 when I was 15, fishing at The Ballast Pit in Tonbridge, Kent. We decided it was time for a quieter life in the countryside and France was our best option. It took us 2 years of searching to find the right lake.
2. What’s the best and worst part of being the owner?
The best part for me is the quiet lifestyle, there is always work to do but on my own terms. The worst part is worrying about the fish when the water conditions are affected by the heat. Absolute worst is having to remove a dead fish, which can happen!
3. What would you say is the best feature of your lake?
The margins, which always produce the best fish.
4. When people arrive is there anything they are surprised by?
New customers are always surprised by the seclusion and beauty of our property.
5. What is the most common mistake you see anglers make at your lake?
Not being ready to properly take care of the fish when the first one comes out.
6. Finally, what is the one most important piece of advice you’d give to anglers visiting your carp lake with accommodation soon?
Take our advice on the fishing tactics, because we see how the lake fishes week in week out.
Find out more about Bletiere here – Bletiere French carp lake with accommodation
Read more of our interviews with owners here – Interview with a Lake Owner Series